Kit de preparacion adaptativa para la Primera Eucaristia
Para personas con autismo y otras necesidades especiales
The Adaptive First Eucharist Kit will enable many people with autism and other special needs to participate fully in their faith, individuals who might not be able to receive the Eucharist.
"All baptized persons with disabilities have a right to adequate catechesis and deserve the means to develop a relationship with God."
—National Directory for Catechesis, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
The Adaptive First Eucharist Kit for individuals with autism or other special needs includes eight pieces:
- My Picture Missal Flip Book and Mass Picture Cards are for use at Mass. They help the individual maintain focus and actively participate in the Mass.
- Bless Yourself Matching Puzzle helps the individual learn how to make the Sign of the Cross. This activity can be paired with parent or catechist modeling so it becomes a gross motor imitation task.
- Who Is Jesus? Instructional Story introduces the individual to Jesus as the Son of God and relates God's family to the individual's family.
- Communion Is Not the Same as Food Matching Puzzle helps the individual distinguish between the Eucharist and ordinary food.
- How to Receive Communion Matching Puzzle shows all the steps of receiving Communion reverently, providing a guide for the individual to practice. This learning tool may be taught with sequencing or modeling.
- I Receive Communion Picture Book reinforces the reverence and proper steps of receiving Communion.
- Helper Guide includes tips on how to use the kit.
- A backpack so the individual can transport the items from home, faith formation sessions, and Mass.
SPECIAL BULK DISCOUNTS2-5 kits $49.99 each
6-10 kits $39.99 each
This offer may only be used by parishes and dioceses logged in under an institutional account. Discount is applied at checkout.
(Open kits and booklets are nonreturnable)