The Adaptive Teacher
Faith-Based Strategies to Reach and Teach Learners with Disabilities
Great book for professional development discussions! Two-Minute Check-in and Looking Ahead features provide questions to prompt discussion or personal reflection.
This book provides the tools to
- foster a welcoming environment for everyone;
- understand the specific needs of learners with disabilities;
- adapt your teaching approach for the benefit of all;
- develop effective communication strategies;
- help learners build confidence, independence, and ownership.
Beyond the wealth of practical knowledge, The Adaptive Teacher's overarching philosophy is firmly planted in the Good News, teaching that every person belongs in God's family, and each is a reflection of his love.
2020 International Book Awards, Finalist: Education/Academic
2020 Association of Catholic Publishers’ “Excellence in Publishing Book Awards,” First Place: Resources in Ministry
2020 Independent Press Awards, Distinguished Favorite: Education
2020 Illumination Book Awards, Gold: Education
2019 Best Book Awards, Winner: Education/Academic