The Adaptive Teacher
Faith-Based Strategies to Reach and Teach Learners with Disabilities
Great book for professional development discussions! Two-Minute Check-in and Looking Ahead features provide questions to prompt discussion or personal reflection.
This book provides the tools to
- foster a welcoming environment for everyone;
- understand the specific needs of learners with disabilities;
- adapt your teaching approach for the benefit of all;
- develop effective communication strategies;
- help learners build confidence, independence, and ownership.
Beyond the wealth of practical knowledge, The Adaptive Teacher's overarching philosophy is firmly planted in the Good News, teaching that every person belongs in God's family, and each is a reflection of his love.
Ratings & Reviews
A Very Practical Resource
by Deacon Jim
I have been deeply involved in advocacy for people with disabilities and those that care for them for nearly three decades. The Adaptive Teacher is one of the most practical resources I have come across. Everyone who regularly interacts with people with disabilities (especially intellectual/developmental disabilities) should have this wonderful resource.